How to Uninstall Internet Download Manager
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages.
If you do not want this software any more, the following is the specific steps to uninstall Internet Download Manager in Windows 11.
- Step 1: Exit the unwanted running program and go back to desktop.
- Step 2: Click Start > All Programs> Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Step 3: Click Uninstall IDM. You will be presented a welcome window wizard and then choose Default option
- Step 4: Click Next
- Step 5: In the pop-up window, press Finish button to perform Uninstall. You will see a dialog box which inform you to reboot your computer
- Step 6: Save your work and close all running applications. Then click OK to reboot your computer otherwise you can not remove all of the components of the unwanted program from your computer
- Step 7: After you have restarted your computer, please click Start menu and then All Programs. If the unwanted program still exists, right-click it and select Delete to delete the empty program.
- Step 8: Check the Program Files folder in your system drive (usually in Local Disk C) to see whether there is a folder called Internet Download Manager and if it is there, simply select the folder in the Windows Explorer and press Shift+Delete to remove it permanently.
If you operate the above steps properly, you will successfully remove the unwanted software.